Search

Content

Oct 27, 2014

Pumpkin pie

Pumpkins are not only for decoration at this time of the year. 
So for the first time in my life, I made a pie, a pumpkin pie to celebrate the upcoming holiday!


The first thing you want to do is take your pumpkin and peel it. I used a vegetable shredder to mince the pumpkin so I could ease the boiling process. 
(If you own a blender, you better use that, my arm still hurts!)
Ensuite, you'll have to soften the pumpkin by boiling it. Just add the amount of pumpkin you wish to use for your pie in a pot, add  a very small amound of water, about 50g of butter and a pinch of salt. You might also add an egg, but that's optional.


I chose to use purchased dough, but if you don't like to cheat, you could make your one. I would suggest sfoglia dough though.
You need to roll it and cut it in half.


I chose to add cheese to my filling, because I wanted a salty pie. But if you're seeking a sweet one, you could simply add suger instead (about 3 spoons) to your pumpkin puré.
Anyhow, I chose the feta cheese and the goat cheese because they are my favourites.


The next thing you want to do, is spread some butter over your dough before you add the filling.


You start by adding the puré, and you don't want to spread it all over, just make a thick line close to the side where you will start to roll.


Then you add the cheese.


Then you just roll it...


You might want to butter coat your baking pan before placing your roll so it doesn't get too sticky.




You do the same thing with the left part of your dough and place it next to the first one in the baking pan.
I was making a pie for one person, so if you want a bigger one, you just need to add some other rolls.

Before you put it in the preheated oven, spray your dough with butter on the top.


Bake your pie in 200 degres for about 25-30minutes.
Bon appetit! : )


Thanks for reading,
Love, the pome xx

1 comments:

Powered by Blogger.

Total Pageviews

Blog Archive